Wyoming Counseling Association Branch Report 2014-2015
- Key accomplishments since July 1, 2014 (publications, conferences, meetings):
Oct. 9-11, 2014 – Annual conference “It’s All about the People” Casper, WY
- 110 attendees
- 5 CEUs including, 3 hours of Ethics
- Issued press releases regarding awards and new officers
Oct. 22, 2014 – Meeting with state legislative candidates from Casper, WY,
regarding mental health issues in the state and proposed legislation.
Nov. 18, 2014 – Networking & Ethics gathering, Central Wyoming College, Riverton, WY
- 18 people attended, 1 CEU Ethics – discussion of Licensing Board proposed rule changes
Jan. 9, 2105 – President attended Wyoming Mental Health Professions Licensing Board meeting to discuss proposed Wyoming legislation
Jan. 29, 2015 – Executive Committee meeting – conference call
Monthly private practice networking group hosted at Casper College, Casper, WY.
This was an idea brainstormed at the Oct. 2014 WCA conference.
July-June – Ongoing improvement of website wyocounselingassociation.com
- Accomplishments expected to be completed by June 30, 2015:
January/February – Advocacy during Wyoming Legislative session
- Support funding for MS Counseling program by University of Wyoming-Casper
- Support legislation which would allow Provisionally licensed counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists and addictions therapists to receive supervision from LPCs, LCSWs, LMFTs, and LATs for payment of services to Medicaid clients.
February 2015 – Executive Committee meeting – conference call
March 12-15, 2015 – ACA Conference, Orlando, FL – President & Treasurer attending
April 10, 2015 – Hosting Ethics session by David Kaplan at Casper College Wellness Conference, Casper, WY
April 24, 2015 – Wyoming School Counselors (WySAC) Spring Conference
April 2015 – Executive Committee meeting – conference call
Spring – Networking events
Spring – Webinar, Impact of Social Media
Spring – Update By-laws
Submitted to American Counseling Association
by Janet L. de Vries, President, 1/13/15